Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baby steps

I spent a good portion of Thursday gathering things to take to the Salvation Army & organizing our food storage, most of which has been accumulated over the past 8 months since I started selling Thrive foods.
I managed to at least gather a backpack or duffle bag for each person in our family and put on the bottom shelf of the rack with the food storage on it. I also revisited a couple of links that have what "should" be in a 72-hour kit. One is from an About.com subsite and the other from Ready.gov, which has some additional items, such as for a baby.
Since we have a toddler and a kindergartener, I can't just pack the bags and leave them there since they grow so fast, so I will rotate their clothing quarterly. Hassle huh? But that will give me a chance to make sure the food items are still ok & all that!
I also gathered up brightly colored tees we all have but don't wear for the bags and will get them loaded tomorrow.
I'm excited to actually tick a couple things off my list for these kits. I will post my modified list later on Ziplist!

No comments:

Post a Comment