Monday, April 16, 2012

Food Storage Analyzer (I tried it!)

I wasn't really sure what all we have squirrelled away until I tried this tonight! It is really great to see approximately how long we could live off what we have stored. [Not long!]
This tool is awesome. It even makes recommendations for what you might want to add based on the nutrients in what you already have. I need to add some calcium and Vitamin A containing foods for my growing kiddos.
You can even add what's in your pantry. If yours is like ours, there's at least a couple weeks worth of staples, which is comforting. [ah, if only I would more consistently cook with what's in the pantry!]
Bottom line: we could last long enough to get a good garden going [I'll be stocking up on some new seeds in Mylar packs] if we were suddenly unable to purchase food.
Check this bad boy out yourself!
Gift Card Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment